The herd was becoming progressively anglophone!
The new elephants added to replace those which needed to be retired now came from previous New Zealand performance locations and here newspapers were only in English.
During the Christchurch performance someone asked me how did I make each elephant look so different and whether I used different patterns.
What I found so interesting was how each elephant not only tended to have a character but some, such as this one from Singapore on the left, surprised me. During the Dunedin performance it kept falling forward, because of its heavy trunk and so I expected that quite soon it would need to be retired from the herd because it wouldn't be able to keep up. Now it seems to have found its balance and has become one of the mainstays.